Sandy and Ira Bornstein have been exploring the world for decades. Since living as an expat in Bangalore, India in 2010, Sandy has been publishing travel stories on her blog, on other online sites, and in magazines and newspapers. PDF versions of her published stories are placed on the portfolio page of this website.
To date, her travel stories have been accepted by the following media outlets:
- Golden Living (print)
- Born in the Mountains blog on the KUHL website (online)
- Wandering Educators (online)
- Family Circle (online)
- Hemispheres magazine (print and online)
- Canadian Jewish News (print and online)
- AARP (online)
- Grand Magazine (print and online)
- Destinations magazine (online)
- Traveler Confidential (online)
- Far & Wide (online)
- Real Food Traveler (online)
- Getting on Travel (online)
- Colorado Parent (print and online)
Sandy is a member of the North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA) and the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW). In 2018, she was awarded a silver medal in the North American Travel Journalists Association Awards Competition.
WHO IS OUR AUDIENCE?
Our content appeals to people who love to explore the world, especially people over 50 who want to travel as couples or with their adult children and grandchildren.
These travelers are interested in reliable and authentic information about domestic and international destinations. The Traveling Bornsteins’ areas of interest include:
- Family travel experiences
- Food and beverage reviews
- City, Health/Wellness, and Romantic Get-Aways
- Historical sites
- International and domestic outdoor adventures
- Jewish culture
- Luxury boomer travel
- Places to stay
Invite us, and we will be happy to visit. Ira will take the photos and I will write a story for one of my websites and/or submit one or more stories to a media partner.
Individualized trips allow The Traveling Bornsteins to maximize our coverage. We are also open to small group media trips.
As a KÜHL ambassador, Sandy wears KUHL clothing in Colorado and while traveling. She submits stories about international and domestic adventures, including digital images wearing the KHUL clothing brand, on the KUHL Born in the Mountains blog.
We are currently looking to affiliate with other brands.
We are open to exploring additional partnerships with companies that represent travel-related products. Stories and digital images about the brand will be shared with multiple audiences.
DESTINATIONS WE HAVE WORKED WITH
Independently arranged media itineraries and small group media trips have offered incredible opportunities to visit places both near and far.
Since June 2017, The Traveling Bornsteins have collaborated with the following travel entities:
- Travel Classics pre-conference media tour of Tucson and post-conference stay at Rancho de la Osa Guest Ranch.
- Cochise County 5-day history, food, and outdoor adventure itinerary sponsored by the Cochise County Tourism Council.
- 48-hours in San Francisco with a 2-night stay at the Hilton Union Square and media passes courtesy of San Francisco Travel, Hook, Line & Thinker, and af & co., Restaurant and Hospitality Consultants.
- Introduction to Sonoma County coordinated by Wine Road, Kenwood Inn & Spa, and Sonoma County Tourism.
- Get-away to San Diego including deluxe accommodations at the US Grant and the Fairmont Grand Del Mar sponsored by the U.S. Grant Hotel and by Accor Hotels North America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
- Introduction to cross country skiing and to snowshoe at Latigo Ranch coordinated by Grand County, Colorado, and Latigo Ranch.
- Road Trip through Colorado sponsored by Resort Trends, Inc., Gateway Canyons Resort, Bridges Media Group, Visit Pagosa Springs, and Peak Communications, LLC.
- Nebraska: Westward Ho Media Trip sponsored by Geiger & Associates Public Relations and the Nebraska Tourism Commission
- 5-Day visit to Charleston, Hilton Head Island, and Beaufort, South Carolina coordinated by Explore Charleston, Discover South Carolina, and the Greater Beaufort-Port Royal CVB.
- 8-day road trip through Germany with stops in Frankfurt, Rüdesheim am Rhein, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, and Munich, coordinated by several government tourism boards.
- Travel Classics pre-tour of Charlevoix and Montreal courtesy of DPMPR and Canadian regional and local tourism boards.
- Celebrity Cruises has provided media rates for shore excursions and complimentary specialty dining experiences on numerous Celebrity Cruises sailings worldwide.
Sandy’s published stories describe The Traveling Bornstein’s first-hand experiences and provide practical tips to people who are contemplating visiting the destination. Articles conform to the stipulated contributors’ guidelines. Sandy has the most flexibility with stories published on her websites and in Golden Living.
Editors have the discretion to modify submitted stories and to determine the publication date. Some editors reserve the right to cancel a story after it has been accepted. It is not possible to guarantee when, or if, a story will be published.
Whenever a destination sponsors our travels, Sandy includes disclosures in her submitted story. The editor/publisher decides whether they want to comply with the FTC guidelines. Media outlets outside the United States sometimes do not adhere to U.S. laws.
GET IN TOUCH
If you are interested in collaborating with The Traveling Bornsteins, please contact us. The Traveling Bornsteins look forward to working with you.