WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Sandy & Ira Bornstein create informative travel stories & engaging images.
- Boulder Jewish News
- KUHL’s Born in the Mountains Blog
- Canadian Jewish Life Magazine
- Canadian Jewish News
- Colorado Parent
- Family Circle—Momster
- Granite Media’s: Far & Wide
- Grand Magazine
- Hadassah Magazine
- Fareportal’s: Miles Away Travel Blog
- Fareportal’s: Going Places Blog
- Mom It Forward
- Real Food Traveler
- Smart Healthy Women
- Traveler Confidential
- Travel to Wellness
- We Said Go Travel.
She was an international travel writer for Examiner.com until it abruptly shut down in July 2016. Most of these brief roundup articles are reposted on her blog.
As the former content coordinator for the monthly magazine—Golden Living—Sandy contributed monthly feature stories, business stories, and travel stories, and was responsible for editing and proofing all of the content.
Sandy’s travel articles are based on personal experiences. She uses research, fact-checking, interviewing and investigation skills she developed as a graduate student.
Areas of interest:
- Active Adventure—Skiing, Hiking, Biking, Kayaking, Horseback Riding & Zip-Lining
- Chefs and Recipes
- Cultural and Historical Sites
- Food, Wine, and Beverages with a new emphasis on nutrient dense options
- International Destinations
- Jewish Culture
- Luxury Travel
- Traveling with Incurable Cancer
- North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA)
- Society of American Travel Writers (SATW).
- Silver Medal (cruise category)—2018 NATJA Travel Writing Competition
- Gold (culinary) and Silver Medals (culture) and an honorable mention (tips)—2019 NATJA Travel Writing Competition
- Finalist–Travel/Travel Guide category–2013 Next Generation Indie Book Awards
- Finalist–Travel Essay category–2013 International Book Awards,
- Finalist 2013– Travel category– National Indie Book Excellence Awards
- Honorable Mention award in the Multicultural Non-Fiction category for the 2013 Global ebook Awards
- 4-star rating from Indie Reader Discovery Awards.
To find information about Sandy’s award-winning travel memoir, May This Be the Best Year of Your Life and earlier travel stories visit— www.sandrabornstein.com
Chapters in Books:
- My Gutsy Story Anthology: True Stories of Love, Courage, and Adventure from Around the World, by Sonia Marsh.
- Roy Stevenson’s 2018 book, Rock Star Travel Writers: 15 Stellar Travel Journalists offer practical advice to speed up your entry into the competitive field of travel writing.
Decades ago, Ira completed a photography class. From that point forward, he honed his photography skills and became the Bornstein family’s unofficial photographer.
As technology has advanced, Ira has kept pace. He’s comfortable on city streets, the countryside or on ski slopes. While Sandy is busy writing down her observations, asking questions, and taking notes, Ira is shooting away. Ira also works as the team’s editor.