Just a few days ago, Jennifer Peter’s was interviewed on this website. Jennifer shared her background along with some of the challenges she has faced as a Denver restaurant owner. Today, you can try Just BE Kitchen’s recipe for Mixed Berry Almond-Milk Grain-Free “Oat”meal in your kitchen.
This delicious grain free breakfast meal is an excellent and tasty way to get your veggies in at the first meal of the day. You can easily adapt the recipe to Whole30 compliant using crushed pineapple.
Directions for Just BE Kitchen’s Mixed Berry Almond-Milk Grain-Free “Oat”meal
Ingredients for Just BE Kitchen’s Grain-Free “Oat” Meal
- ¾ Cup Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 10oz package cauliflower rice
- 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey (you can sub Maple Syrup)* * For whole30 compliant use crushed pineapple, strained
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Fresh blueberries & raspberries to liking
- 1 Tbs coconut flakes
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds (or any nut that you like)
How to Make Just BE Kitchen’s Grain-Free “Oat” Meal Yumminess
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut oil; Get the pot really hot on high heat.
- Add the entire package of cauliflower rice.
- Sear the cauliflower, get it brown on multiple sides of the rice.
- Stirring occasionally. About 10-12 minutes.
- After the cauliflower is browned, add the almond milk.
- Bring to a boil for about 1 minute
- Turn on low to med heat, stirring regularly.
- Add cinnamon and honey and stir well for another 2-3 minutes
- Once the milk has reduced, transfer the mixture into a bowl.
Top with fresh blueberries, raspberries, coconut shreds, sunflower seeds or other nuts and seeds.
Drizzle with honey.
Was this recipe a great breakfast starter?
If so, Tag @thetravelingbornsteins on Instagram and hashtag it #toppickrecipe
When Sandy isn’t trekking or writing in the Colorado, she is traveling. She has visited more than 40 countries and lived as an international teacher in Bangalore, India. Sandy’s award-winning book, May This Be the Best Year of Your Life, is a resource for people contemplating an expat lifestyle and living outside their comfort zone.
Sandy shares her lifestyle and travel experiences with international and domestic online sites and print media. She has contributed stories to Hemispheres, Destinations Magazine, KUHL’s Born in the Mountain blog, Grand Magazine, Wandering Educators, Golden Living, AARP, Hadassah magazine, Localliz, One Travel, Miles Away, Canadian Jewish News, Getting On Travel, Far and Wide, Colorado Parent, Traveler Confidential, Family Circle- Momster, and others.