Are you in the mood for ceviche? Today, Chef Sheila Lucero shares one of her favorite oyster recipes, West Coast Oyster Ceviche. To learn more about Chef Sheila, the culinary director of the Big Red F Restaurant Group in Boulder, Colorado, click this link to read her interview. Unfortunately, an image of the completed recipe was not available at the time of posting. This recipe serves 4.
Ingredients for West Coast Oyster Ceviche
- 12 West Coast oysters, medium size
- ¼ cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup shallot, finely sliced
- ¼ cup Persian cucumber, small diced
- 6 each cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ each serrano chile, thinly sliced in rings
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. basil, chiffonade
- 1 Tbs. cilantro, chopped fine
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 tostada shells, broken in half
Steps for Making West Coast Oyster Ceviche
- Wash oysters well prior to shucking
- Shuck oysters, and place oysters into a fine mesh strainer
- Discard shells
- Place oysters in a plastic or ceramic bowl, add shallot and pour citrus juices over the top
- Let oysters marinate for 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir
- Check seasoning, and adjust if necessary
- Serve with tostada shells
DID YOU TRY THIS CEVICHE?
If so, I’d love to hear about your experience.
Tag @thetravelingbornsteins on Instagram and hashtag it #toppickrecipe
When Sandy isn’t trekking or writing in the Colorado, she is traveling. She has visited more than 40 countries and lived as an international teacher in Bangalore, India. Sandy’s award-winning book, May This Be the Best Year of Your Life, is a resource for people contemplating an expat lifestyle and living outside their comfort zone.
Sandy’s lifestyle and travel experiences are frequently shared with international and domestic online sites and print media. She has contributed stories to Hemispheres, Destinations Magazine, KUHL’s Born in the Mountain blog, Grand Magazine, Wandering Educators, Golden Living, AARP, Hadassah magazine, Localliz, One Travel, Miles Away, Canadian Jewish News, Getting On Travel, Far and Wide, Colorado Parent, Traveler Confidential, Family Circle- Momster, and others.